Longhorns, we applaud you as you approach the end of your academic program at the McCombs School of Business and The University of Texas at Austin. We’re proud of what you have achieved during your time here, and we’re ready to celebrate you.
Graduation HelpThe Graduation Help Desk consolidates all the tools available to help students stay on track to graduate and offers students assistance enrolling in classes required to fulfill their degree requirements. Graduation Help Desk staff work with students, advisors, and faculty to resolve roadblocks to timely graduation.
Join McCombs ConnectAll McCombs alumni, students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to join the McCombs Connect virtual community. Reconnect or create new connections, sign up to mentor students, or meet other McCombs community members with mutual interests. McCombs alumni can also access career coaching, workshops, events, and resources that will provide career support and connections for life.
Show Your PridePersonalized invitations, yard signs and souvenirs are available for purchase in the (graduation department in the basement).
McCombs Commencement Schedule
|Date||Program||Time and Location||Contact|
|Thursday, May 4, 2023||MSTC||Crum Auditorium (RRH 1.400), 6 p.m.||Marcus Coleman|
|Friday, May 5, 2023||BBA||Moody Center, 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.||Polly Trigger|
|Friday, May 5, 2023||MS Programs||Gregory Gym, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Jade DeKinder|
|Friday, May 5, 2023||MBA||Gregory Gym, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Ashley Jones|
|Saturday, May 6, 2023||MPA||Gregory Gym, 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.||MPA Events|
Program Ceremony Details
May 5, 2023
8 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Kelly Steckelberg, BBA & MPA ’91
BBA Guest Information
Guests will require a ticket. More details to come.
Accommodations for the needs of graduates with disabilities at all commencement events are available. Please contact Commencement@mccombs.utexas.edu at least five business days prior to the event.
- Traditional academic regalia is required for all degree candidates. Watch here on how to wear the regalia.
- Students should wear business attire underneath their gowns. Candidates wearing anything other than the approved academic regalia will be asked to leave.
- A regalia package is available for purchase from the University Co-op (graduation department in the basement), and cannot be rented through the Co-op.
- Select “Business” when ordering tassel / stole or hood. If you borrow regalia, make sure that you have the correct color.
- MPA students earning both their BBA and MPA degrees concurrently only need to buy the masters regalia, which they can wear to the BBA ceremony.
- The tassel is worn on the right before the degree is conferred.
- Do not bring any personal items such as purses, backpacks, or coats.
- Be mindful of the swift pace at which names are read; please be respectful of the audience as you walk across the stage once your name is read.
- Be careful in choosing shoes to wear, as the ramps to and from the stage can be slick and are rather steep. It is recommended that high heels not be worn. No flip flops.
Once all requirements are met by the prescribed deadlines, you will receive graduation information from the Registrar’s Office. It is important to update your local and permanent addresses on the university system. The diploma will be mailed to your permanent address on file with the university. Diplomas will arrive approximately six weeks after the ceremony. For more information regarding diplomas, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 475-7619.
Commencement 2023Join us as we celebrate the 140th class of world-changers. The university-wide commencement ceremony takes place at Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on Saturday, May 6.
HOW TO WEAR YOUR CAP AND GOWN
Can I indicate that a different name from what appears on my student records should be announced?
Yes, you may confirm the name that will be announced the day of the event.
Do I need to wear a cap and gown? If so, where can I buy them?
A cap and gown, commonly referred to as "academic regalia," are traditionally worn during Commencement and may be purchased through the University Co-op. The Co-op also offers announcements, invitations, yard signs and other graduation items.
Please note that in order to receive your regalia prior to the Commencement Weekend, orders must be placed at least 3 weeks prior to the commencement date. For more information and detailed deadlines please visit, universitycoop.com/graduation.
How do I wear my cap and gown?
Watch this video. Please leave your hood in the bag until the day of graduation. Once you arrive on campus, you'll be able to take the hood out of its bag and put it on as is. You won't need to adjust your hood in any way.
What is the inclement weather policy?
As always, inclement weather could be an issue. The Commencement Ceremony will be held rain or shine. Please bring an umbrella and other suitable rain gear, if desired.
What COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place?
We encourage students and guests to practice healthy behaviors including staying home if sick. You can learn more about UT's health policies at Protect.utexas.edu
A professional photographer will be present. Photo can be ordered from Flash Photography.
Candidates will have the option of purchasing photographs.
View available UT parking lots and garages. You may also print a map of campus Visitor Parking areas.